Haverford High School
Class Of 1963
- Post 50th Reunion Survey
- 50th Reunion Photos
- Photo Galleries
- 50th Reunion Slide Show
- Military Tribute
- Music - HHS63 from the 60's
- Message Forum
- Are you Traveling soon?
- Other HHS websites
- Our Classmates' Websites
- 40th Reunion Videos
- 45th Reunion Photos
- Reaction Time Test !
- Be Inspired !
- Those were the Days
- 1963 History/Videos
- Missing Classmates
- *** > 63 Turns 70 <**
Last Updated 4 March 2015
The folks that run and maintain the website here, have indicated:
They are experiencing connectivity issues today in our Texas Data Center. The cause of the issue has not yet been determined. If a page on your site does not load, try clicking refresh on your web browser.
The IT folks in the Data Center will be taking the system offline tonight at midnight EST for a full scan. We apologize for any inconvenience the connectivity problems may be causing you today. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to returning to full capacity as soon as possible.
Updated 20 Feb 2015
Stay Warm ! It's Cold out there...that's the only real change here !
1. For those of you who can't remember your password:
2. For the last few years more and more of us have been learning new things - Social Security, Medicare, using pill counters, etc. And for about half of our class whose birth date is between 7/1/1944 and 6/30/1945 ** there is a very important thing to NOT forget - Your RMD. If you are still working, ONLY your current employer's 401K is not impacted, ...Otherwise, any IRAs, converted 401Ks, etc, you MUST take out your annual Required Minimum Distribution before 12/31/2015 - how much? Click here to calculate the amount There are other calculators available too. But, what if you miss the 12/31/15 date? That's easy - but painful: your penalty is 50% of what you were required to, but neglected to take out. No typo - FIVE ZERO percent. And especially if there is a significant amount that you have not yet started, your taxes for 2015 will likely be significantly higher, as more of your Social Security is also likely to be taxed, plus all the amount of your RMD during the year. I believe this is true whether or not you are still working. Roth IRAs are not affected. And if you are fortunate enough to NOT have started taking your Social Security, congratulations! You have increased your payout significantly - but like your 401K and IRA, you must begin to take your Social Security during the year you turn 70 1/2 I am NOT a financial planner, so call yours - - but like all of us, learning new things all the time and wanted to share to all that will read this. This was important enough to post, IMO, as well as on our Message Forum. If there are any errors, please click on CONTACT US at the top of the page, It will be corrected.
** If your birthdate is after that, then you'll have the same requirement in 2016
Not registered yet? OR...Do you know a classmate that is not yet registered? Find yours or their name on "Finding Classmates" at the top of this page on left - or use the search button on that page to find yourself or them and register or via that link, send them an email - and then you're good to go !
Forgot your password? Click on "forgot password" and it will be sent to the email with which you registered. Forget or have changed your email? Click on "Contact Us" at top of page and we'll help you. Also there is a short 5 minute video How to Register: <<------ or Click here if you need it
Our classmates alone have seen this page 40418 times
How many times have you visited it? Who commented the following in their own comments?
- Who pulled the door off its hinges in Mr. Metka's Class - I never heard about this till I read the profiles and School Stories - there are some other really great ones out there !
- How many of us ever said this: "Left HHS in June 1963 vowing never to return ... and, except for the 31 years I worked there as a school counselor, I never did. "
Please add your own photos, comments, thoughts.:
Powered by Class Creator